JavaVROC Installation and Setup Instructions
Before you attempt to host or join a race using JavaVROC,
please do the following:
- Ensure you have purchased and installed the full release
version of Papyrus Grand Prix
Legends. We strongly recommend a full install, particularly
if you plan to host!
In the case of GPL, if you've done a partial
install and then a full install over it, remove a file called
lib.cfg from your GPL installation folder (typically
C:\SIERRA\gpl). This is important!
- For GPL, obtain the GPL 1.2 Patch
from Papyrus and install it.
- Install Netscape Navigator
4.08 (or Communicator 4.5 or newer) or newer, or Microsoft's
Explorer 4.0 (try to get v 4.72.3xx or later w/MS VM for
Java: in IE, go to Help/Product Updates.) You must have an up-to-date browser!
- In Netscape:
- Enable Cookies. Click on Edit,
then Preferences. Click on the Advanced item in the list. Make
sure that the Accept All Cookies radio button is pressed, and
- Enable Page Refresh. Click
on Edit, then Preferences. Expand the Advanced item in the list
and click on Cache. Make sure that the Once Per Session or Every
Time radio button is pressed, and click OK.
- Don't click in or resize in the browser window until the
applet finishes loading and displays its initial information.
- When JavaVROC asks you about permissions, grant them.
If you are worried about this, read our Security
- Set up your Options. It's crucial
that you enter the correct path to your GPL installation folder,
or you won't be able to launch GPL through JavaVROC!.
- Verify that your computer's IP address,
displayed at the lower right of the JavaVROC race list, is correct.
If it's not, click here.
You won't be able to either host or *join* races through VROC
if your IP is not being reported correctly by VROC.
We also strongly suggest that you do the following:
- Read sections 1 and 2 of our Technical
Notes. Read these carefully. This can save you a great deal
of aggravation when you start participating in online races!
- Read Eagle Woman's GPL Online FAQ thoroughly. This document contains
important information about racing online in GPL. Please read
at least sections 1, 5, and 6!
- Read our Development Notes for
information about known issues and our plans for future development.
- Read our Security Caution
for information about security issues involved in racing online
in GPL and VROC.
Now you're ready to start racing. Continue to the VROC
main page and choose a room to enter.